Dietary Dramas and Drivels

Monday, December 29, 2008

Very Voluptious Venison

So...I did something I normally NEVER do in a restaurant or in general.

I not only tasted and tried some "red" meat, but I ordered Venison at a restaurant in Granby, Colorado.

This venison was lean, delicious, and well cooked. It was a light dish while being very satisfying. On the whole, I was glad I ordered the venison because venison is a very healthy meat. It is "grass-fed" meaning it is rich in omega-3 fats, and it is an amazing source of protein.

Plus, it's rich in Iron, helping those red blood cell levels in high-altitude colorado, where going cross-country skiing and snow-shoeing through 2 foot deep snow can make you ravenous!

All-in-all, I would recommend Venison to anyone who is looking for a lean meat that will give them great flavor and the satisfaction of eating a beef steak, without all the guilt. In fact, you'll have a great amount of room for a delicious dessert after this meal!

1 Comments:

  • At 12:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh Deer, I'll have to try some the next time I'm out West.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home